Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moving... still


One of the aspects of marriage and newlywed hood that everyone (I assume, based on what I've heard) goes through is the "figuring out what your families do differently" phase. Bran and I are unbelievably compatible when it comes to living habits, cleanliness, etc., but there are still those things which our families do differently that we're figuring out. The most recent difference is whether we are going to use Saran Wrap or Press 'N Seal. As you can tell, this is a matter of utmost importance. Bran's mom has always used Saran Wrap, and my family has recently been enjoying the stick to anything perks of Press 'N Seal. The battle ended yesterday, however, while Bran and I were packing up furniture for the move. As we're wrapping more and more pieces of furniture in Saran Wrap, he leans over and says, "I'd like to see your Press 'N Seal do this!" So there it is. We're now a proud Saran Wrapping family.

Next time, tune in for our discussion of whether or not gravy ought to be made from gibblets......

6 comments:

  1. fabulous ash lol i love your cliff hanger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different tools for different jobs. If you've got a dish that Saran Wrap won't stick to without using half a roll, then Press 'n' Seal's the way to go. It may cost more per roll, but it's worth it if you're going to use significantly less. Ergo, I recommend that you consider the possibility of a mixed-wrap marriage. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valerie is right. Don't be so quick to toss the press 'n' seal out the window. Cost is the bottom line. Use what works for the job, which is why we now have a lifetime supply of industrial strength Saran Wrap in our pantry. Dad bought it for the wedding (not sure why, but sometimes I just don't need to ask) and I think we will be using it for a long, long time. :) He's my favorite "wrap" star!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha i can see dad doing that... i'm sure it made sense to him at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, sounds like you have your Christmas shopping done -- everybody gets a nice, practical supply of plastic wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The giblet gravy question is one that the Martin girls have struggled with for years. Ask your mother-in-law about "pass the good gravy"!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by!