Thursday, August 21, 2008

House Dinner

Since all of those that will be living with us this year have moved in, Bran and I decided it would be nice to do a weekly "house dinner" where one of us cooks dinner and we just get together for some good fellowship. This was especially important to us because of our unique living situation. Jen and Ty are both living with us, and we have another border named Rachel living with Jen in the basement. Since four out of the five people living with us are related, we want to do everything we can to help Rachel feel welcome, and not like she's invading our family.

Tonight was our first dinner, and I was elected to cook, since I'm the "woman in charge". I think it went really well - I had fun cooking, and no one has died yet from the chicken pasta dish I made, so that counts as a success in my book. It was fun to just hang out and get to know Rachel - I think she's going to be a perfect fit.

The idea of not starting school right now is so strange to me. I realized that I've been going to school my whole life (obviously not including the toddlerish years), and this year I'm not. I love the beginning of the school year, when the newness of the school year hasn't worn off yet. I'm so jealous of everyone going to NSA (I went to Convocation last night with mom - the speeches were fantastic). I've decided that one of my goals while I'm out here is to either actually attend the school, or, at least, audit some classes. Hopefully that will work out in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!